Assistive Technology at your library

Assistive Technology in the Library

This is a team blog created for the LT 130 course Library Media and Technology at Palomar College. It will cover assistive technology as it relates to the library setting, and will be used to showcase our ideas and activities on this topic.

Our purpose is to learn something new about assistive technology, and to share what we have learned with you.

The team members include:
-Renee Shelton
-Shellie McCurdy
-Amba Walters
-Kim Milan
-Rebecca Kingsley
-Luke Tesluk

Thursday, May 16, 2019

How Technology Allowed Me to Read

Last week I was looking for something to watch on Ted Talks and I came upon Ron McCallum, a legal scholar. academic and a vivacious reader. Did I mention he is blind? I hope you enjoy this Talk as much as I, as Mr. McCallum shares in a most winsome way his love of reading and the revolution in technology that has allowed him to read. This talk dovetailed so well with much of the advances we have shared on this post I thought it would be a fine addition. I added the link to the video to the bottom of the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment